Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Abby:2 Mom:0

She did it again! This morning I was smart at least I thought I was and waited for her to have a BM before I put her in plain underwear. No pullups so as not to confuse her about what we were trying to accomplish. That was at 10:30 this morning. We went about our day stopping occasionally to drag her to the potty with no success. Again, I thought I would have success and eventually she would cave in but I guess I don't know my own daughter as well as I thought I did. At 4:30 (6 hours later!) she comes to me, wet and crying because her socks are wet!
A: Will you change me? My socks are wet too! (she is sobbing)
M: No, you will have to do it yourself. If you make the mess, you will clean it up.

I prepare her bath, and try to find out exactly where she went. She gets in the tub, cleans herself up and I discover the mess upstairs in front of her kitchen. She gets out of the tub, gets dressed in fresh underwear and proceeds to come upstairs and help me clean the mess. She was so excited! She actually thought it was fun to clean up.
A: Here you go mommy! I cleaned it up. It is all better.

Abby 2, Mom 0

5 comments:

di said...

keep it up! i think that she will get sick of it! oh, the joys!

Mel said...

I can totally relate! I am going through the same thing. Ryan has the peeing down perfectly after a week but the pooping is a whole other story in itself. He is stubborn!

Karen said...

Oh I feel your pain. Potty training is the worst. Hang in there. She'll figure it out someday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! It's Anne. I have three words for you: dollar store toys. Adeleine was exactly the same. I got desperate and bought a whole bag of tiny cheap toys and showed them to her. Every time she went potty, she got one. This went on (the toy buying) for a long time, but it worked! Glad you had a good Christmas.

Sara said...

I hate when they think it's fun to clean up! It's supposed to be so horrible that they never want to do it again. Everytime Riley had an accident he would race me to the bathroom to see who could clean up first. Grrrr.