Saturday, November 5, 2011

Here We Go Again?

Ok, so I admit I have never gotten into this blogging thing. I enjoy reading other peoples posts, but I'm not very good at writing them myself. We'll try this again, even though I don't think anyone reads this. Maybe it will be good, cheap therapy for me. :)

Since it is the month of November, I'm going to join the bandwagon and say what I am thankful for. Abby is already starting her Christmas list, and she doesn't understand why Christmas can't come before Thanksgiving. I told her it is because we have to express our thanks first, before we go asking for everything under the sun.

So to catch up with the date of November 5, here are the 5 things I am currently thankful for:
1. My husband. Nathan is a wonderful provider for our family. His love and sacrifice for me allows, no gives me the blessing of staying home with my children. He works very hard for us, and I don't thank him enough.

2. My children. If I step back and allow myself to see them as Heavenly Father sees them, then I am truly blessed to have them. Yes, they are loud at times, and demanding with their requests, but I love them, and I'm grateful to each of them for making me a mother.

3. My parents. I am thankful for the lessons my parents taught me. They loved each other and loved us. They spent time with me and listened to my feelings and disappointments in my life. They never judged me. I know I could always come to them, and they would love me unconditionally.

4. The Gospel. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and the atonement of Jesus Christ. It has blessed me throughout my life as I fall down and pick myself back up and to keep trying even when it seems impossible. I'm grateful that I have a simple faith that makes sense to me and that I don't question. It keeps me going.

5. Heat. Today is our first official snow of the season. Even though there isn't a lot of snow, it is cold outside. I am grateful for my heater that keeps me and my children warm. Sometimes it truly is the little things that make all the difference.

2 comments:

Sara said...

So glad you're back, Kelly! Loved reading your post...the only thing missing was a pic of your little darlings.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Yay! I have missed you; please keep it up!