Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6: Contentment

Today in church we were talking about the teachings of Paul, and I read this scripture:

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11.

Being content in the state that I am in. This is hard. I seem to always want things to speed up just to get through a difficult time in my life, that I miss the lessons that Heavenly Father wants me to learn along the way. I find myself hoping that my kids will grow up faster so maybe then they will listen better and be more reasonable, (ha, ha) and yet I will never get this time back.

Our Sunday school teacher gave us the challenge to pick something and to work on this week. I am going to focus on being content. I want to enjoy the journey. All of the challenges that I will face this week as well as all the happy things. I want to be content with what I have. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Quincy Sorensen said...

This would be a good goal for most ladies, I bet! Good luck this week in your endeavor!