Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Swimming Lessons




I decided at the last minute to sign Abby and Thomas up for swimming lessons, and we just finished last week. Thomas was in the level 1 class and Abby went to the preschool class. As I was sitting there, I had a deja vu moment. My life had come full circle. I remembered my mom taking my brothers and I to swim lessons when we were kids in California. Thomas was a little nervous with going under water, but enjoyed it very much. Abby did her own thing, and mostly clung on for dear life to her teacher. Sadly, neither one passed, but that is okay. I'm glad they had a good time. We'll do it again next year.

3 comments:

di said...

we just finished with lessons (a week early)--both boys ended up with the dreaded diahreha! yuck!

Dawn, said...

I have moments like you described ALL the time. I refer to those times as my 'mama vu' moments. Great memories, I just hope I'm creating those same great memories for my kiddos!

Sara said...

Cute suit on Abby! Swimming lessons are definitely a rite of passage. Riley took a few from Nicole Zitting and I think it helped him a lot. Before he seriously thought he knew how to swim. And that is seriously scary!