Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School


Thomas is now a big first grader. So far he is loving school and has already made new friends. This morning as we were driving to school we were talking, and the conversation went something like this:
T: I just have a hard time being still.
M: How do you keep still at church?
T: I think about Jesus and He helps me.
M: Don't you think He will help you at school too?
T: I can ask Him right now.

Then we talked about how Heavenly Father and Jesus love him very much, because He is the father of his spirit, and He will help him keep his hands to himself.
The conversation continued at school as I was dropping him off:
M: Remember who you are!
T: I'm Jesus' son!

It was very cute! I am keeping it together with him being gone, and Abby and I are having a little school here at home. So far it is going well. I sure do miss my big boy though...

4 comments:

Sara said...

I sure miss Thomas' sweetness! I bet you and Abby miss him so much now that he's gone all day. I'm a little excited for the all day thing to happen at my house!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! It's amazing to watch our children growing and learning and these are the best moments to show us we are not completely off the mark of our teaching responsibilities!

So, have you finished Breaking Dawn? Maybe we should e-mail each other to talk about what we thought!

Karen said...

I can't believe Thomas is a first grader. So glad I found your blog btw. It's nice to see what you are up to!

Mandy said...

Hey Kelly! What a surprise! Your kids are darling. I cant believe how big Thomas is! Im not sure how you found me , but I am glad you did. It will be fun to keep in touch with you through our blogs.