Sunday, March 22, 2009

They Know Our Name



I feel like American Fork Hospital ER knows us. We have visited them once a month since December. Today was Abby's turn. She was running in the hall, fell and slid into the air intakes and cut up her knee. 3 gashes, one needing 3 stitches. Nathan was the lucky one to take her to the ER. They put some numbing agent on her knee to dull the pain, and when they decided to do the stitches, Nathan was laying across her chest, a 'large" orderly grabbed her legs, and the doctor layed across her other side while he stitched her up. Once it was over, they were all suprised by how strong she was. She screamed the whole time. I am the lucky one who gets to go with her in 12 days to have the stitches removed. I can't wait! That will be fun.


Poor baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you and poor little gal! I hope all goes well at the follow up!

di said...

yikes!!! poor abby! and i must say, poor mommy--when "A" had stitches he was hysterical getting them out! just don't let her look! the joys of motherhood, huh?
miss you!!!!

Karen said...

Oh that is so sad. Glad you sent dad! Good luck getting them out! Take care and I hope the week gets better.

Lisha said...

I know the feeling, our urgent care here knows me pretty well. Glad all is well, though!

Sara said...

Kelly, I swear you have had the most rotten luck this winter! Hoepfully no more hospital visits this spring or summer.